CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fibromyalgia Study - Week 8

It's the end of week 8 for the Fibromyalgia Study that I am in and boy has my brain fog been bad this week! Tonight I can hardly type! Drives me crazy when I can't remember things that I've known for years! The other night I couldn't remember my friends name and she was sitting right next to me. I've been so very tired lately too! I've been making some hats, 4 for my friend and her kids, and then as many as I have yarn for for the humanitarian basket at church. I will be working on the hat and fall asleep and it's only 11 o'clock in the morning. I can't seem to get rid of this cold that I've had for a month either. On a good note, my joints have felt a smidgen better.

I thought I would share with you all what I have to do everyday for the study.

Twice a Day:
traction - 60 pulls
wobble chair - 4 warm-ups with 10 reps of each, 1 warm-up with 25 reps, 100 front to back, 100 side to side, 75 right side first figure eights, and 75 left side first figure eights

Once a Day:
thoracic roll - 20 reps
praying mantis exercise - 3 reps of 45 seconds each
turtle exercise - 3 reps of 45 seconds each
6 way stretch - 45 seconds in 6 directions
neck molding block - 20 minutes, right before bed

Any day that I go to the Dr I also do an extra set of traction and wobble chair. Right now I have to go in three days a week. The dr also adjusts me almost every time I am in. There is more to come, when my muscles and spine are ready for it. It may not look like much in the list, but you should see how tired and how much it takes out of me to do all of that. I had Kaleb try the praying mantis exercise and he was done after just one rep! And now....I have to go do traction, wobble and the molding block so I can go to sleep.

0 comments: