So I started my study the week before Christmas. I went in twice a day for four days. Each time I went in I did traction and the wobble chair exercises and then the Dr worked on my spine. At home I have a traction unit and a portable wobble chair. I took these with me to New Mexico for our Christmas vacation. I was supposed to do them both twice a day and I only had one day that I didn't. The trip down, 15 hours, was a lot easier on my body. I only took one nap and really didn't have any aches. In the past when I have traveled home I usually need at least one day of rest before I can do anything. This time I didn't! We went to church the next day (which always makes me hurt anyways) and I felt like I do here at home. I really had some pretty good days until Christmas (and that may have been in part to getting up so early!) I had a headache and just felt awful and had to go back to sleep after breakfast. My little niece was so cute the first time I did the wobble chair. First she watched me, then after a couple minutes her eyes lit up and she said, "I want to try that!" I told her she could try it once. So when I got done I put her on. She is just 3 and her little legs couldn't reach the floor, so I held on to her and wobbled her back and forth a couple times. Then she said, "I think my legs are too little to touch the floor." Some how the wheat bucket that I was using to put my wobble chair on kept migrating around the room. Although never seen in the act, I think my nephew and niece helped it.
The trip home was a little harder and I took several naps and my right knee began hurting quite early in the trip. But I did drive for a few hours so Kaleb could have a nap. And we did finally make it home safe to our own beds!
On Monday I went in to the Dr. and he worked on my spine again. He said that I could start coming in only once a day. He also gave me my first molding block, made out of foam. I have to lay on it every night, preferably just before bed, for up to 20 minutes. It is placed under my neck. The Dr said that some people can only stay on for a few minutes to start and so I should try and work up to 20 minutes, but no longer. Sometimes people fall asleep while laying there, so you have to set an alarm so you don't go over 20 minutes. I set my alarm and laid down and felt ok, except that my right knee was hurting me. I stayed on the whole 20 minutes.
Today, Tuesday, I went back in and he was impressed that my neck was still in the right position and so he didn't have to work on it. He did work on my knee a little to see if it would feel better. I have been quite tired today, but what do you expect after a long vacation?
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Fibromyalgia Study - Week 2
Posted by Alicia at 10:38 PM
Labels: fibromyalgia, study
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment