My recipe for my homemade granola bars! The original idea was from Rachel Ray, but I've tweaked the recipe and everyone loves them. I am constantly getting requests for the recipe and so I'm now finally posting! If you have questions, ask! And ENJOY!!!
Alicia's Homemade Granola Bars
2 Cups rolled oats
1 Cup Honey Nut Chex
1 Cup Rice Chex
1 Cup Corn Chex
1 Cup dried fruit bits (I use a 7 fruit blend from Sam's Club)
1/2 Cup white chocolate chips
Add the above ingredients to a large bowl and mix up. Then in a sauce pan over medium-high heat add the following:
1 stick butter/margarine
1/3 cup Honey (if you spray your measuring cup with pam first then the honey comes right out)
1 Cup brown sugar
Stir mixture and continue cooking until it starts bubbling. Then continue stirring and cooking for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over mixture in large bowl. Stir to completely cover mixture. Spread into a 9 x 13 greased pan and gently push down into pan. Put pan into fridge to cool until set. Cut into squares and enjoy! Store in air tight container.
I always have little pieces that have fallen off into the container. I save them and have them for breakfast with some milk, like granola.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
As Long Ago Promised......
Posted by Alicia at 10:58 PM
Labels: Eat Like Us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
sounds fabulous!
Post a Comment