Sweet Potato Puff
3 yams/sweet potatoes
8 egg whites
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbs. flour
1 cup brown sugar
4 Tbs. butter
6 Tbs. flour
1 cup chopped pecans (I don't measure, I just use a bunch to cover the top)
Mini-marshmallows
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with no-stick spray. Peel yams and cut into 1 inch squares. Place in a bowl; add about an inch of water, cover with plastic wrap and microwave until tender then drain. OR Use the plastic microwave steaming bags. (I mash the yams with a fork before adding them to the mixing bowl.) While your yams are cooking, beat egg whites until stiff. In a large bowl mix cooked yams, egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and 2 Tbs. flour with an electric mixer, until smooth. Put mixture into prepared 9 x 13 pan. In a small bowl mix brown sugar, butter, and 6 Tbs. flour with a fork. Sprinkle on top of yam mixture. Then lightly cover with pecans, as desired. Bake about 30-45 minutes or until golden brown. Pull out 5 minutes before done and cover with mini-marshmallows. Return to oven and bake just until mellows melt and turn golden brown. Makes 12 servings.
I used to HATE yams growing up. My mom used to make me eat them every Thanksgiving. But she never made them this way!! My little sister, Tricia, got this recipe from her Introductory Foods Class in College. I have taken Sweet Potato Puff to a couple of parties and EVERYBODY has LOVED them!!! I'm making two batches for Thanksgiving this year!!!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
A Recipe for the Thanksgiving Holiday!
Posted by Alicia at 10:58 PM
Labels: Eat Like Us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Thank you. We will enjoy. Inez Fay Hulsey
Post a Comment