We had a tragedy in our little apartment complex yesterday and a little boy lost his life when he got backed over by someone who was in too big of a hurry to get somewhere. We are all sad and grieving and can hardly imagine the pain the family is going through. We are all scared too, because we let our kids play outside and it could have been anyone's kids.
Life can be so short.
And I've learned through many trials that we need to slow down.
Slow down our driving (even if it means we are late),
slow down our crazy schedules,
slow down and take time to spend with our families,
slow down and look at what means the most to us and then spend our time there,
slow down and say I love you to our families and friends,
slow down and enjoy the ride we call life.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Slow Down
Posted by Alicia at 6:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I read that on Tearese's blog earlier. What a horrible tragedy. So did someone back out of the parking lot or come cruising down the street? Gosh, we let our kids run around out there all the time. I always quadruple checked before backing out, too. One of my worst fears. Still is. :o(
I heard the awful news this morning (although I heard the sirens last night but didn't know why). I've been thinking about all of you over there. I am so sad. Thanks for the good advice about slowing down. I've been hugging and kissing my kids so much today they think I'm nuts. Life is fragile.
Someone was backing out of the parking lot WAY too fast.
Post a Comment